All subject to approval
- 1. Provide a service or activity directly to the community such as a lecture, class, or
- an activity.
- 2. Raise money for a cause with an event, show, or sale.
- 3. Make a statement about society through your creative expression.
We reserve the right to decline any project due to (but not limited to) the message being unclear or the statement not aligning with our Mission Statement.
What you are accountable for at The Center
Your message must be explicit, whether it is raising funds or making a statement, we
want it highly visible and clear. A patron walking into the space should know what
the event is for and be reminded of that throughout the night.
Return the space in the same or better condition than you received it. You are responsible for any and all damage that occurs during your event. This includes but is not limited to any equipment, lighting, fixtures, walls, bathroom partitions, the removal of event décor and props.
It is true that we are in an M3 zone, however, people live here and it is largely because of these tenants that the space continues to run as economically as it does. Therefore, we must set a guideline for the overly enthusiastic – ALL VOLUME MUST BE OFF AND CLEANUP CREWS MUST BE QUIET AFTER 2 AM.
As a Philanthropic Center, anyone who works for the Center is volunteering their time, so please be respectful of that. We are here for you and to support what you are up to. We ask that you be responsible for your event from beginning to end. If you have questions after reading through our website, put them together for one conversation as opposed to a series of inquiries. Good project planning is the key to a successful Vortex show!
How it Works/ The Process
- Step 1: Check our on-line calendar to make sure the dates you want for your event are
- Step 2: Your application will be reviewed in a timely manner. If your application is accepted we will contact you. Usually we contact you if we decline also. But we are volunteers so sometimes we can’t. If you have follow-up questions, you are welcome to check back after a reasonable interval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Set up an appointment to sign the agreement and pay your USE FEE + DEPOSIT. The FEE for using the space is $250/night and refundable deposits range from $250 to $1000 depending on your event. NOTE: Date is not locked in until the agreement is signed and the deposit and license fee are paid.
- Step 4: Keys are not issued. On the day of your event, someone from The Vortex will
- be there to unlock the space for you and to lock it at the end of the event.
- Step 5: Clients can bring their own PA system or hire HYPERACTIVISTS™, a Vortex-approved company who works with nonprofits at a discount. HYPERACTIVISTS™ MUST BE CONTACTED TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR EVENT! Their prices are:
BASIC PACKAGE: $75. Includes one microphone and hookups for your DJ or iPod.
FOLK-STYLE: $150. Includes 2 microphones, one monitor, and hookups for your DJ or iPod.
FULL BANDS: $300. Includes 5 mikes, 2 direct boxes, 3 monitors, hookups for your DJ or iPod, and onsite engineer during show. There is a 3 band limit.
PROJECTOR OR SPECIALTY LIGHTS = additional $25 to $100. For more information or for larger packages contact us here: http://vortexla.org/contact. HYPERACTIVISTS™ will provide free consultation to Vortex clients.
- Step 6: Once the space is inspected, your deposit will be returned, assuming it is
- returned as you received it.