The Vortex, is a ± 6,000 sq. ft. open space with a 400 person occupancy. We have 22 ft ceilings with 14’4” from floor to open wood beam and concrete floors.
WHAT OUR FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- A stage that can be used, or not, as 2 different sizes- 16′ x 8′ or 16′ x 24′
- A make-up/dressing room
- A large refrigerator
- 200 chairs
- 25 – 6 ft folding tables
- 7 stalls in the ladies bathroom
- 2 stalls and 2 urinals in the men’s bathroom
- Fluorescent Lighting
- 1- 30 amp 3 prong outlet, and 1- 50 amp 3 prong outlet for sound or lighting
- The following outlets are spread throughout the space:
- 4 – 20 amp 4 gang outlets, 3 – 20 amp 2 gang outlets, and 2 – 50 amp 4 gang 110v outlets
- 1– 14′ x 15′ production office available for your team to work out of on the day/night of your event. There is WiFi, and a printer/scanner available. Custom multimedia services can also be provided with sufficient notice.
- 1– 12’10” x 14’5″ Truckable Entry
- Street Parking or Purchase Parking Lots nearby
WHAT IS AVAILABLE (with a Vortex approved Technician):
Some things to keep in mind for all shows-
- You are responsible for powering the items you use in the space. You must bring your own extension cords, splitters, and clip lights if you have booths, art, food service, or ANYTHING that is not connected to the stage. We only run power to the PA and stage lights with advance notice.
- Any PA and lighting assistance has to be booked 2 weeks in advance. The details are different for each event. There are several configurations of audio, lights and video available to help accommodate your needs.
- The Vortex is a ‘do-it-yourself’ space. However using the audio gear requires some skill. The Vortex has a basic sound and lighting system. It can only be operated by someone Vortex-approved. If you have a qualified sound person, DJ, or tech, it may be possible for them to run your show after a quick lesson.
COMMERCIAL & VISUAL MEDIA USE:
Although The Vortex is primarily a community center designed to serve the public, it is also a great location to have your video productions and commercial photo shoots. Contact us for more information!