The Philanthropic Center for the Arts, LLC, AKA The Vortex, is a ± 6,000 sq ft open space with a 400 person occupancy. We have
22 ft ceilings with 14’4” from floor to open wood beam and concrete floors.
VISUAL MEDIA & COMMERCIAL USE:
Although The Vortex is primarily a community center designed to serve the public, it is also a great location to have your video productions and commercial photo shoots.
- 7 stalls in the ladies bathroom
- 2 stalls and 2 urinals in the men’s bathroom
- A stage that can be used as 2 different sizes: 16′ x 8′ or 16′ x 24′. Or not used at all
- 200 chairs
- 25 – 6 ft folding tables
- A large refrigerator
- A make-up/dressing room
- 1 – 14′ x 15′ production office available for your team to work out of on the day/night of your event. We have wireless internet and a printer/scanner, available for use. Custom multimedia services can be provided with sufficient notice.
- 1 – 12’10” x 14’5″ Truckable Entry
- Fluorescent Lighting
- 1- 30 amp 3 prong outlet, and 1- 50 amp 3 prong outlet for sound or lighting.
- The following outlets are spread throughout the space:
- 4 – 20 amp 4 gang outlets, 3 – 20 amp 2 gang outlets, and 2 – 50 amp 4 gang 110v outlets.
- Street Parking or Purchase Parking Lots nearby
WHAT IS AVAILABLE (with a Vortex approved Technician):
Some things to keep in mind for all shows
- You are responsible for powering the items you use in the space. You must bring your own extension cords, splitters, and clip lights if you have booths, art, food service, or ANYTHING that is not connected to the stage performance. We only run power to the P.A. and stage lights, and only with advance notice.
- The Vortex is a ‘do-it-yourself’ space. However using the audio gear requires skill. The Vortex has a basic sound and lighting system. It can only be operated by someone Vortex-approved.
- If you have a qualified sound person, DJ, or tech, it may be possible for them to run your show after a quick lesson.
- Any PA and lighting assistance has to be booked 2 weeks in advance. The details are different for each event. There are several configurations of audio, lights and video available to help accommodate your events needs. The prices below are a general guide but we will try to give you what you need with as little additional expense as possible.
Clients can bring their own PA system or hire HYPERACTIVISTS™, a Vortex-approved company who works with nonprofits at a discount. HYPERACTIVISTS™ MUST BE CONTACTED TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR EVENT! Their prices are:
BASIC PACKAGE: $75. Includes one microphone and hookups for your DJ or iPod.
FOLK-STYLE: $150. Includes 2 microphones, one monitor, and hookups for your DJ or iPod.
FULL BANDS: $300. Includes 5 mikes, 2 direct boxes, 3 monitors, hookups for your DJ or iPod, and onsite engineer during show. There is a 3 band limit.
PROJECTOR OR SPECIALTY LIGHTS = additional $25 to $100. For more information or for larger packages contact us here: http://vortexla.org/contact. HYPERACTIVISTS™ will provide free consultation to Vortex clients.